Zachary James

Zachary James

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Man-Boob

440cc = a D cup
Wow!  440cc and three more fills to go!  3 x 70cc = 650cc!  While it seems like it has been smooth sailing I must say that last night's fill was a little stressful.  First of all, after 45 minutes with the numbing cream on Zac's port, when I went to insert the needle, he pulled away and wimpered...somehow...I have no idea how...he was NOT numb!!  What to do?!?  Do I just go through with the expansion hoping the needle is only a little uncomfortable or do I try numbing him up again and waiting 45 more minutes? I decided on the latter and
numbed him up again.  After 45 more minutes, not only was he numb - he was asleep because it was now 9:00 p.m!  This was definitely the easiest expansion to do.  He didn't wake up at all and we were able to inject 75cc into the expander.

Unfortunately, the challenge did not end there.  Zac woke up and felt a little warm to me so we gave him a little Tylenol.  He slept well but when he woke up this morning, he was still warm so I took his temperature and it was 100.2!  Luckily, he did not have any other symptoms other than being just a little cranky.  During this process I have tried to stay very positive but honestly, with every cough, sneeze or cry I worry that there is a greater illness or infection to follow. The chance of infection is so great with a foreign object in his little body and I feel like the world's biggest germ-a-phobe as I wipe down everything with alcohol gel and Clorox wipes and don't even take him to the nursery at church for fear of random germs.  Last week Zoie got the flu and the first thing that came to my mind is 'how am I going to quarantine Zac?'.  

Well, after talking to our favorite nurses at Dr. Bauer's office, we have decided it is necessary to put him back on the antibiotics - just as a precaution...  ugh.  BUT...FOUR MORE WEEKS!!  Just three more fills and we go back to Chicago.  Then we can rest for four months until we have to do it all again.  (Sigh)

Thank you everyone for your kind words and recipes....keep 'em coming.  I will be compiling them until the end of March.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Amie! I posted your first post on my blog...http://lifesgristle.blogspot.com/2011/03/checking-back-with-zac.html

    My heart is with you!

    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless your gorgeous little boy. I'm following you now and keeping you all in my thoughts. Thank you for sharing Zach's story with us.

    Mickey
    www.ahelicoptermom.com

    ReplyDelete