Zachary James

Zachary James

Friday, March 2, 2012

I KEEM And Extreme Brain Freeze

Zac LOVES ice cream....or I KEEM as he calls it. There is something so joyful about watching him eat it. A simple pleasure that makes him so happy. Today I spent a wonderful day with my little man. We were able to make it in to see Dr. Bauer first thing in the morning which left us an entire day together. Dr. Bauer is going to do two tissue expanders this time. We have never had more than one... I am happy about that because it means we will produce more 'good' skin...and I am also a nervous wreck...because that means I will have to fill TWO expanders. Well...truth be told...I was a nervous wreck long before the moment Dr. B told me Zac would have two expanders.

Though none of Zac's surgeries have been easy to prepare for. I am not talking about the packing of course, but of the mental olympics that start to occur in your mind about two weeks prior. Don't let him get sick...make sure you get the pre-op physical done...what's it going to be like this time...where will the expanders go...oh my gosh, was that a sneeze?...what will be his reaction to the hospital...will I be able to hold it together... Well, you get the picture. Our two week sprint started with a cold & congestion. Every cough, sneeze and snot filled Kleenex had me feeling more anxiety than you can imagine. I mean, really...you fully prepare for the travel and all of the things that go into scheduling the surgery only to have to cancel it because of illness!! Getting sick is NOT an option! Although it has been down to the wire, Zac has finally recovered from his cold and is ready for his close-up tomorrow at 3:00, right after his friend Josh.

So...yes, I let Zac have I KEEM for lunch. What the heck! It's the small things in life that really matter. And no matter how prepared you think you are, in the end, you just have to trust that God has got your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment