Zachary James

Zachary James

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back to Business...

I know I haven't written in so long that most of you have been longing for an update...  Truth is, when we are resting from expansion, I just don't want to think about it much.  I am not inspired to write anything amazing and wise because I am off enjoying our normal life without thinking about germs, drains, fills and pretty new skin.  It's been a great four months and a very nice break but next week we are back to Chicago for our 4th Round of tissue expansion!

Seems like just yesterday I was getting ready for the first trip to Chicago, knowing in my heart I was making the right decision for my son yet still scared to death.  Putting on a brave face for my daughter so that she wouldn't worry and leaning on my husband for comfort.  Now however, I am one of the 'experienced' mamas!  I have tips and suggestions and trial & error advice galore which I am looking so forward to sharing with you in the weeks to come.

Right now, we need some prayers.  One week from tonight, I will be sitting in a hotel room at this time, probably unable to sleep...maybe even writing on this blog....  Dreading taking Zac into surgery by myself in the morning.  What could be worse??  The whole surgery being cancelled due to an ear infection dagummit!  So much planning goes into laying out the whole surgery process that it is heartbreaking to think about calling off the entire thing when unexpected things happen.   I took Zac into the doctor last Wednesday because he had a 103 fever.  They gave him antibiotics for a double ear infection.  Our pre-operative physical has now been postponed to Monday...just two days before we are supposed to leave for Chicago.  I am praying for a healthy little boy so we can get back to business!  Thanks everyone!!

Picture by Jerri Parness

No comments:

Post a Comment