Zachary James

Zachary James

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sibling Revelry


Well, it was a party day in the Moller house on Sunday as we celebrated Zac's FIRST BIRTHDAY - and Zoie's 5th Birthday!!  Yep...two parties, two kids, one special day because both my babies were born on May 1st...four years, one hour and thirty-two minutes apart.  We had an all-girl luau in the morning and a big family party Sunday afternoon where Zac, in one-year old fashion...destroyed a cupcake, dipping his fingers into the frosting and then offering it to the people standing around him.

It was difficult to focus attention on two beautiful children, making sure they each got their moment in the spotlight but I think we did a very good job at it, making sure to sing Happy Birthday to each one individually.  I wish I could say the same about the last four months.  We have been so wrapped up in Zac's expansion process that we failed to notice a small skin condition that Zoie had of her own.  One night, Zoie and I were saying prayers and she said "Mommy, everyone has something but me..."  I had no idea what she meant so I asked her to give me an example.  She immediately gave me an example of how Zac had an expander...etc...you get the picture.  She was longing for some way to be recognized.  Those of you who are fellow nevus families know that this process is almost harder on the siblings.

Low and behold...leave it to a good friend (and fellow nevus mom) to find the perfect thing for Zoie to soak up the spotlight.  A Kiddieokee contest!!!  Now, I am not a stage mom by any means...but everyone that knows Zoie knows that she lives to perform.  So, last week, I posted a video of Zoie singing on YouTube and entered her in the 96.9 fm Kiddieokee contest.  She has already made the first cut!!  If she makes the top three, she will be invited to perform her song live at Desert Ridge on May 12th.  And if she wins that...she wins a trip to Legoland!!!  But she needs votes!!

So...I am going to ask you a favor.  If you have a few seconds, please VOTE FOR ZOIE by clicking the link below!   It only takes a second and all they ask for is your email address.  You can vote once a day per email address until 8 a.m. on May 9th.   I promise you will find the video very entertaining.
Click here to VOTE FOR ZOIE




No comments:

Post a Comment