Zachary James

Zachary James

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ready For Round 2





I have been procrastinating posting on this blog.  I think part of me thought that writing what was going to happen next would make it come faster...but here we are in Chicago again ready for Round 2 of tissue expansion.  I should be very excited about this round but like any mommy whose baby just went in for surgery, I feel a little anxiety.  We just dropped Zac off to Dr. Bruce Bauer 10 minutes ago and I am really excited to see the progress!!
For this round of tissue expansion Zac will again most likely have only one tissue expander put into the same area as before.  Dr. Bauer was going to try to put one into the top right shoulder since Zac's nevus stretches up to the top of his shoulder on one side, but he doesn't think Zac's shoulder is big enough yet to get really good results from placing an expander there.  What I am extra excited about is that after hoping for removal of the satellite on Zac's left ankle for the past two surgeries, this time I really think Dr. Bauer is going to be able to do it.  What I am extra, extra excited about is that he is also going to try to remove the large satellite  above his knee as well!  I am feeling pretty good about it since Dr. B actually marked the two areas with the surgical pen this time.  :)  
We just sat down in the waiting room and are anticipating about a 1 1/2 hour wait.  Zoie is back at the hotel playing with her friend Cali (thanks Merilee!!!) and I am sure is much happier there than here with me and Bruce.  I am looking forward to posting more this week as we have many exciting things going on!  I'll give you a little spoiler...there are at least 6 fellow nevus-families staying at the Staybridge Suites in Lincolnshire...woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment