Zachary James

Zachary James

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wolfy...meet Dr. Bauer

Well, today is the day....not the BIG day...but the day we get to meet Dr. Bauer for the first time and get a better idea of how many surgeries Zachary will most likely need to remove "Wolfy" (which is what I decided I am calling that giant hairy nevus LOL-may as well call it something and I get tired of calling it a giant nevus).  Last  night Zac was sporting a little fever and had us very worried that he might not be able to have his surgery on Thursday but this morning he is back to normal - trying to out-talk his sister (no small feat) and crawling around all over the place.  So, this afternoon, we will head to Dr. Bauer's office and meet his fabulous staff whom I have had the extreme pleasure of corresponding with through email and phone.  It is absolutely amazing that Dr. Bauer has been willing and able to do consults via email and phone up until this point.  I am so grateful for that.  Can you imagine if we would've had to fly all the way to Chicago just to find out what options we have??

Today we also will learn more about the 'expanders'.  How to fill them, how to care for them and I am hoping, a little more of what to expect.  It seems like I have a million questions from how do I bathe him once the expanders are in to how on earth will he fit in his car seat once they expand.  And of course....how durable are they?  Well, I guess a lot of these questions will be answered today.  Thank you so much to my friends for your special prayers - they really mean so much to us.

If you are wondering why I lovingly refer to the nevus as Wolfy...see for yourself.

4 comments:

  1. Haha! Look at that cute little bootie! He'll be so glad you posted this 20 years from now. LOL I'm glad you've found such an amazing Dr.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing when I posted this pic. Yeah...he's gonna LOVE me...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amie:
    We went thru 5 years of tissue expanders. 15 surgeries. Our daughter Madelyn had her nevus in about the same place. We got rid of most of it. We are so happy with the results. She is 12 now and very comfortable with the nevus she has left. I wish you the best and if you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful to hear Eleanor and nice to know that you made the right decision for her. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete