Zachary James

Zachary James

Monday, January 3, 2011

More Than the Sum of his Spots

Well, we arrived safely in Chicago today getting ready for Zac's first surgery to put in his first expander. Our day started today when we left the house at 3:30 to get to the airport for a 6:10 flight.  Travel with two kids and two weeks worth of luggage is no small task friends.  Four suitcases, an overstuffed garment bag, pack n play, stroller, computer bag, diaper bag, Zoie entertainment bag (even though all she wanted to do was play with my iPad), booster seat for Zo, car seat for Zac.  I feel like I should buy a t-shirt that says "I survived traveling with my kids...."  Thank you to the people of Southwest airlines who do not charge you for extra bags and they still serve snacks on their flights.
I was thinking that today I would tell you a little about Zac. First of all - he starting crawling just last night!  I was so happy about that because I was afraid it might take him longer to learn to crawl if he didn't start before they put his expander in.
For those who haven't had the opportunity to meet my little guy, I will try to describe him.  Zachary is full of uncontainable joy.  Truly.  His smile will grab your heart and tug...and he is ALWAYS smiling.  Sometimes I can't help but wonder if he knows something that I don't.  You know how some people are labeled 'old souls'?  Well, I don't really believe in an 'old' soul...but I suppose I know what they mean because Zachary always seems so peaceful.  Maybe I am just seeing spots because that's what happens when you look into the light.  Here is is, spots and all.

3 comments:

  1. God bless you guys. We will keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you guys made it safely and survived the madness! Hang in there and let me know if you guys need anything! Give zo and zac kisses and big hugs! Can't wait to see them and squeeeeeeeze the both with hugs! Lol... love you guys!I will be checking in to see how things are going! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grand Ma LuLu sends all her love and continued prayers. Zac and Zoie are so awesome. God knew what he was doing when he made them. I love you guys so much and I am here for you. Love, G-Ma

    ReplyDelete